Thursday, 15 August 2013

Pancakes for Breakfast with Clarks Honey

Pancakes make a great treat for breakfast and I recently got to enjoy 2 different types of pancakes with the new honey from Clarks. This is a clear honey made from a blend of British honey and acacia honey. British honey is more commonly used to make set honeys, but Clarks have found that a lot of people prefer clear runny honeys so have come up with this blend which is very versatile. It's perfect for drizzling or for using as a healthier sweetener in drinks, cooking and baking.


For a relaxed weekend breakfast, the large pancakes from Sainsbury's filled with fresh sliced strawberries and nectarines and drizzled with honey were a great start to the day. I bought the teapot and cup recently for £3 from Evolution and I love it, I'm also convinced it makes my morning cup of green tea taste nicer.


For a breakfast to share, the mini pancakes from Abra-ca-Debora dipped in a homemade blueberry sauce are a great idea. To make the sauce use a packet of fresh blueberries, 2 tbsp Clarks clear honey, 1/2 a cinnamon stick and a splash of water, simmer everything together in a small pan until the berries pop and the liquid reduces slightly, leave the cinnamon stick in to infuse while the sauce cools a little. The sauce could also be made the night before and stored in the fridge overnight if you want a really easy start to the day.


Thanks to Clarks for sending me the honey and pancakes, I was not paid for this post and all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a delicious weekend breakfast treat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)