Sunday, 30 June 2013

Classic French Fruit Tart Round Up


I've been really impressed by all the entries for the fruit tart challenge this month and I can't wait to share them all with you. There has been a lot of creativity in the presentation which has inspired me for the next time I make fruit tarts and I hope the entries will give you some ideas too.

First up, my strawberry tarts which I made with vanilla short crust pastry and vanilla creme patissiere.

 

Following hot on my heels was Victoria from A Kick At The Pantry Door with these blueberry and vanilla midsummer night tarts. I really like the compote like topping for these tarts.


Laura from How To Cook Good Food made these raspberry, chocolate and almond tartlets to combine some of her favourite flavours. They are so dainty and beautifully presented and I really want to taste the chocolate creme patissiere.

 raspberry 

More chocolate and raspberries here from Choclette at Chocolate Log Blog with her white chocolate raspberry tarts. Instead of creme patissiere these tarts have a topping of white chocolate Chantilly cream, a great twist on the classic tart. 

French Raspberry Fruit Tarts

Angela from My Golden Pear also chose to make strawberry tarts and I think the presentation is absolutely stunning. The strawberries look so juicy and succulent fanned out in this way. 

 

Michelle from Utterly Scrummy Food For Families made these summer berry tarts to cheer herself up whilst suffering with a cold. I'm sure all the vitamin C in the berries will have given a healing boost. 

 

A selection of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries adorned these French fruit tartlets from Ingrid at Kitchen Tales of Sugar & Spice. A great way to celebrate these seasonal delights. 

 

Finally Elizabeth from A Girl In Her Kitchen served up these juicy peach tarts to take advantage of her favourite summer fruit. 

IMG_8637

Big thank you to everyone who took part this month. For July Sarah at Maison Cupcake will be hosting so check out her blog to see what the new theme is tomorrow.

If anybody else would like to host in the future please get in touch via email.

3 comments:

  1. A great round up and some fabulous entries in the end! I particularly like the look of those peach ones! Thanks for being an amazing host as always, can't wait to see which theme Sarah has picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty. I really must participate in one of these challenges at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great - I must be more adventurous and try making something like this. Love the beautiful arrangements of the fruit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)
Apologies for putting the captcha verification back on but the spammers are annoying me!