Ingredients - makes 24 mini muffins (recipe adapted from Dolly Bakes)
280g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt
140g caster sugar
150g fresh cranberries
90ml sunflower oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line 2 x 12 hole bun trays with 24 fairy cake cases.
- Measure the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar, spices and cranberries into a mixing bowl and stir together.
- In a second bowl mix together the milk, mincemeat and oil.
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix and stir together until just combined, a few flecks of flour in the mix is fine, it's important not to overwork muffins.
- Divide between the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden then cool on a wire rack.
I made a batch of these for my freezer before coming to France this week so we've got something different to nibble on this year. I'm also planning on taking some with me when I go to visit my Grandparents just after Christmas. I told my Mum about this recipe and she roped me into baking some more this week in France and my Dad has decided that he prefers these cranberry mince pie muffins to actual mince pies. I brought over a few packets of fresh cranberries for Mum to put in the freezer as they're not as easy to find in France and they are everywhere at home at the moment. I have more cranberry recipes coming soon and I plan on filling my freezer with them before the shops stop selling them.
I'm entering these into Simple and in Season this month hosted by Lavender & Lovage and also into Calendar Cakes where the theme is Christmas, hosted by Laura and Rachel.