Monday, 24 December 2012

Cheese & Mustard Pinwheels

A quick little post here. I made these the other week when I had a craving for a savoury snack after having done quite a lot of sweet baking recently. I had some puff pastry in the freezer leftover from my red onion tarte tatin and a jar of wholegrain mustard in the fridge that was nearly empty. I added a bit of cheese and voila, I had a tasty bitesize snack that only took a few minutes to put together. These would also be good to serve as nibbles at Christmas and New Year parties. These will keep in airtight container overnight but any longer and the pastry starts to go soft.


Ingredients - makes 28

150g ready made puff pastry
3 heaped tbsp wholegrain mustard
60g cheddar cheese, grated - I used a vintage cheddar

Preheat the oven to 220C. Roll out the pastry on a light floured surface to a rectangle 15cm x 45cm. Spread the mustard evenly over the pastry and sprinkle over the cheese.


Roll up the pastry from the long side closest to you, trim the ends and then slice into rounds approx 1cm wide. Place on a non stick baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until the pastry is puffed up and golden brown.




1 comment:

  1. Yummy, you can't beat a bit cheese and mustard for a delicious nibble!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)