Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Goats Cheese and Chutney Muffins


I made these muffins a few weeks ago at the same time as my nectarine and blackberry muffins because I was in the muffin zone for some reason. I also wanted to make something involving goats cheese and chutney based on the ingredients I received as part of the Capricorn Challenge earlier in the summer. I've already blogged 2 goats cheese recipes for a ciabatta pizza and some goats cheese and thyme rolls and these muffins are my 3rd creation.


Ingredients - makes 12 muffins

350g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 eggs
284ml pot of buttermilk
5 tbsp sunflower oil
175g goats cheese, diced
150g chutney - I used a red onion chutney

Preheat the oven to 190C and line a 12 hole tray with muffin cases. In one bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder, in a second bowl beat the eggs and mix together with the buttermilk and sunflower oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients along with the goats cheese and the chutney. Stir everything together until just combined, take care not to over mix. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 30-35 minutes until the muffins are risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving warm. These muffins also freeze well and make a great addition to a lunch box.


Disclaimer: I was sent a hamper including Capricorn Goats Cheese to provide inspiration to develop new recipes, all opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I love the sound of cheese and chutney in a muffin. I actually prefer savoury muffins to sweet so these are right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A FABULOUS entry for Ethel and her Capricorn Cheese Challenge Jen and I do so love a cheesy muffin type bun! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the idea of using chutney in muffins, they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)