Wednesday, 31 October 2012

Classic French October Round Up

The tarte tatin challenge proved to be a showcase of the apple, but not everyone cooked the traditional apple tart tatin, there were some innovative and interesting variations on this French classic.

First up was Helen from Fuss Free Flavours with a fig and apple tart tatin flavoured with cardamom, this is not a flavour combination I've ever tried before but it sounds delicious.


Next was my entry which was the tarte tatin from the Larousse Gastronomique book, it was quite heavy on the butter so not one for the health conscious!


Claire from Under The Blue Gum Tree made this salted caramel tarte tatin, I have the same issue of Delicious magazine as Claire where the recipe came from but haven't made it yet. I'm going to give it a go as soon as I can though.


Camilla from Fab Food For All made a beautifully colourful apple and blueberry tarte tatin


I entered again but this time I went savoury with a red onion tarte tatin. If you haven't tried it before I strongly recommend that you do.


Finally there was another apple tarte tatin recipe from Tandy at Lavender & Lime. She also used the Larousse recipe and like me she also found that it was difficult to get the caramel colour, but her tart still looks delicious. 



Thanks to everyone who entered. Come back tomorrow when the next Classic French challenge will be announced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)
Apologies for putting the captcha verification back on but the spammers are annoying me!