Thursday, 11 October 2012

Classic French Challenge September Round Up

Apologies for such a late posting of last month's challenge round up. I was away in France last week and was hoping to be able to write the round up whilst I was there. However as I was enjoying relaxing with my family I just didn't get round to it. Since I've been back in England I've been ill all week and so this has further delayed me getting back to my blog. I did announce the new challenge though and if you haven't seen it yet then the details are all here.

Anyway on with the September entries, the theme was choux pastry and I received some great entries, huge thank you to everyone who found the time to take part. I know there are a lot of monthly challenges and I feel honoured that people have chosen to take part in mine as well.Considering a lot of the bakes on the Great British Bake Off this week were choux pastry based I think the timing of this post is quite appropriate.

First up were these beautiful strawberrry choux buns from Camilla at Fab Food For All. She made these based on a childhood memory of a dessert made by her mother which I think is a fantastic reason to bake.


The second entry came from Laura at Laura Loves Cakes with these adorable choux swans, she was inspired by the new GBBO book to make these. I love the addition of the almond beaks.


The next entry from Claire at Under The Blue Gum Tree was the first savoury entry. She made these pecorino puffs to serve with a cauliflower soup, a great winter warmer.


Laura from Laura Loves Cakes was on a roll with the choux pastry last month and also made these croquembouche cupcakes. They look very indulgent and perfect for a special treat.


The 5th entry came from Tandy at Lavender & Lime with her delicious looking plate of éclairs and profiteroles.



Another entry for éclairs came from Sam who used a recipe from Baked and Delicious magazine. They ended up cream free as they were a little on the small side but she made up for it with a generous covering of chocolate.


The next entry was mine. I originally planned to make profiteroles but then decided to show off a bit and have a go at making a mini croquembouche to share with my boyfriend.


These profiteroles made by Susie at Fold in the Flour are a bit different as they use a chocolate pastry filled with a raspberry cream and covered in chocolate ganache, delicious!


Another savoury entry here with these cream cheese and herb filled choux pastries from Sinnesfreuden. 



Finally there a second choux swan entry from Adrian who made these earlier in the year to celebrate the end of university exams. They are very cute.



Thanks again to everyone who entered, I loved reading all your posts and it was great to see so many different interpretations of the challenge theme.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry I did not have time again to join in, I promise I will try in November! Naughty me, BUT a LOVELY round up Jen! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please feel free to comment on any of my posts. I love to hear what you think! :)
Apologies for putting the captcha verification back on but the spammers are annoying me!